Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Updates and Cut-ups!

Ah yes, I've been a busy little Belle. I'm still editing the massive amount of pictures I took at this weekend's photo shoot. There were hats, ruffs, cuffs and silliness abounding. 

Today has a sizable update.  Last night I posted a mini hat that was inspired by chocolate.  My model K, (she's on the left) told me it looked like a truffle. I was going to call it just chocolate, but she's far more inspired than I. My favorite part about this hat is those strawberries. I had to wade through boxes of vintage fake fruit in order to find an unsullied pair. Also that veil is probably the best veil I've ever done. I love it to pieces. Pieces I tell you. K did a fantastic job modeling this one. Love her. 

Then today comes a hat inspired by the legendary Joker. 
 I have serious thing for that character. Not just the whole Dark
 Knight movie, but the character. I'm an avid comic book collector, so this one was so much fun to make. I really enjoyed making that absurdly cute little bow. Also I found those feathers stuffed in the vintage fruit box. How could I not? B was the model for this one, and the smile she took on in some of these pictures freaked me out to no end. How she managed to still look hot I have no idea. The girl's amazing. 

Also the Mesdames X items are up finally! I'm starting to really love how these things are turning out. The buttons, lace and frills are just getting my imagination far too excited. My base model so far has been L, who has such a stunning classic beauty that I've started to design new ones with her neck in mind. Fantastic. My favorite on her was the Dark Lady. It was a little fairytale and a whole lot Victorian.  The way she looks with her windswept hair is just fantastic for these! 

I think my favorite photo of the shoot had to be this little behind the scenes moment. Here is L and B wearing some of my horns.  Devils. Deliciously beautiful geeky devils. 



No comments: