Monday, September 8, 2008

Hollywood Lovely


A little more than a year ago I wanted nothing more than to run away. 

You see I spent my young lifetime working my ass off to get to an exclusive liberal arts college. That college and I fiercely loved each other for two years. Then like friends in middle school, it decided I just wasn't cool enough.

 So at the end of my four years I ran screaming from the natural beauty of western Massachusettes to the urban fairy land of Hollywood, and I haven't looked back since.

Hollywood essentially reminds me of a layer of worlds. On the top it really is a family friendly happy place. My neighborhood is safe and welcoming, and the people are always happy to see you. Then when the sun sets the city changes. The bottom floats to the top and you see all sorts of things that go bump.

 Personally I love the spooky kids. The girls in harajuku wear and the boys in magenta eye liner. 

I miss the creativity in clothing. I really do. Anyone can rock the pages of Vogue as long as you have the dough. However it takes a gutsy girl and boy to rock their own unique style unapologetically. I try and do that every day, and so should you.

In fact its why I created my accessories line ViolentBelle. I wanted to make accessories that didn't look like every trendy piece you find laying around. I wanted to use rich fabrics, rusted metal odds and end found guitar picks. A little bit of everything really.

So what'll you find here? Well, my life in the Hollywood underground,  art, and of course dish on my line. You'll also score short stories, essays, and tutorials. 

See? Don't you want to come along for the ride? 

No comments: