Friday, September 12, 2008

Music to Work By


I find that I get my best inspiration late at night when I'm too tired to even lift my needle or paintbrush. Why? It's usually because I'm listening to music. Lately I've been wondering if my choice of music is influencing my design atheistic, though I think it works both ways.

Here are ten songs I've been creating to lately, and the reasons why.


One of my favorite music videos of all time. In the last post I kind of explained this one. Rather than repeat myself, I'll just tell you to look down. :)


I found these folks from a friend who loves crazy music. Now they're one of my favorite bands. There's something so fun and weird and sexy about this song. I can only hope that the sexiness of the new collection will live up to it. *this links to an awesome live performance with a burlesque troupe and the band.


Yes, I'm a SYTYCD fan. I admit it. This fantastic jazz piece was one of my favorites. The song itself always conjures up a swank party and a pretty girl in a thirties backless dress. That's just what this song invokes for me, and since I like thinking about vamps its perfect.


A sexy laid back song about a dangerous love. Dangerous love is one of my favorite ideas, so this is always a favorite of mine.


Another Dangerous sexy woman. Really this new line is taking a toll on my music, because I can't stop listening to this one. 


One of my favorite songs in a long time. This is really just a pretty reflection song. It helps to lead my brain on different paths. Plus I happen to think the video is fantastic. 


I am absolutely obsessed with this song currently. Why? It's creepy, and makes me dream. Nice to space out to while sewing.



Okay so I've been in love with the French language since I was a girl, and I have a suitable grasp of it. This is another haunting little love song with a great video. 


Okay so the movie was crap, but Batman and Robin's soundtrack was awesome. This song is very futuristic and kickass. I like listening to this while making my horns. 

What music do you work to?



No comments: