Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Swear I haven't Fallen Off the Face of the Planet

Things at ViolentBelle were...tiring and sick ladies and gentlemen. I went to Disneyland last Friday and came home with some sort of stomach flu that put me out of commish. TMI? Maybe. Maybe not. But once I got better I worked double time to make you guys a whole new batch of horns! *SQUEE* Let's introduce you to some of them shall we? 

I had some sort of a Greek mythology kick so many of the designs were based on Greek Goddesses or monsters. Then I just got a general legend kick so some of these are also inspired by that.

On our left we have the really gorgeously painted Phoenix horns! I may have to retake that picture, because honestly it doesn't do those horns justice. That paint job is one of the best I've ever done. The gold and the bright yellow really bring out the fire in these horns.

On the right are the Woodland Fae Horns. These are some seriously textured horns. They're super rich in detail. Golds and browns and greens and bronzes all on a pink base. Though honestly you can't tell the base is pink. It adds a little lightness without being *GAH THIS IS PINK!*. 

I like it. Very mottled. 


Another paint job I'm proud of is the Hera horns. I wanted to do Hera horns that were reminiscent of a peacock, since peacock's are Hera's sacred animal. 

So I splattered and mottled these horns with lots of iridescent peacock colors. Lots of rich bronze, topaz, and greens. I almost don't want to sell them. I kind of want to keep these for myself. Ah. Ces't la vie. 

Here is a new option that may make many of you horn enthusiasts happy. I'm now offering CUSTOM horns. Yeah, that's right. For a few dollars extra as a base price I'll make you whatever color(s) you desire. You want sparkly crystal encrusted horns? Sure. A bit o' extra and I'll make those too. 

Many more updates today, so keep posted here folks! It's my way of saying sorry for abandoning you for a few days!

No comments: