Monday, September 15, 2008

Can't Sleep Blues.


Okay, I can't sleep. This is par for the course, because I'm just used to nighttime. However I *know* I should be in bed, and so I'm going to take a cuppa of sleepytime tea. 

Tea, you say? Yes. Tea. I'm a big fan of tea. The entire house is. I love tea so much I give it away with purchases. The sleepytime tea is a tea I concocted that actually helps me sleep better. So because I believe in sweet dreaming and the like, I'm going to give you my recipe:

1 tablespoon peppermint leaves
2/3 Teaspoon saffron
2 teaspoons Marigold
2/3 Teaspoon ginger
1/3 teaspoon Valerian root. (You can sub for Jasmine too!) 

Wait five minutes after the water has boiled and pour over the herbs. Brew up to ten minutes depending on the strength you like. Flavor with a little honey and drift off to sleep!

All of these herbs produce sweet and easy dreaming. Mr. Fascination often comes home to find that I haven't even finished it because I've fallen asleep! 

No comments: